If you should ever experience a non responsive RConsole within RStudio on windows, try this:
- Terminate RStudio
Make sure, RStudio
- Go to this folder:
- Delete this folder:
- Restart RStudio
Now chances are high, that your console is again working fine.
What I had observed
Suddenly, after having installed a new package in RStudio I wanted to do some simple computation in the R-Console within RStudio, and found it to be hanging and CPU-Usage exploding.
Here the CPU usage, triggered by that command… 😛
Of course the problem was not the hard
How I tracked it down
I experienced this odd behavior today. I realized, that when launching R without RStudio, everything was fine, so the reason had to be related to RStudio. I then removed and reinstalled RStudio (RStudio-1.3.1093), which didn’t help either. When launching RStudio after having it uninstalled completely and reinstalled RStudio from scratch, the console would still be hanging after dropping a simple calculation. However, I was wondering why it still remembered my lately opened files. Then I started looking for metadata files RStudio uses to keep track of IDE settings, opened files and the like and started deleting them step by step, until I found out which made the difference. 😛